Wednesday 20 March 2013

A Marathon in the form of A-Z...




So, a theme from our last book has inspired me and I'd like to try and rope you guys into my inspirational quest!

In Jeanette Winterson's "Why Be Happy When You Can Be Normal?" she continuously wrote about her passion for reading, which most of us felt touched by and left us wanting to rekindle our own love of reading! I know, I know, we are part of a book club, but we seem to put aside the traditional or classic novel for the more quirky or contemporary, brand spanking new books!

My proposal to anyone who is willing to participate is that together, we compile a list of prestigious novels, by authors we technically SHOULD have read at some point in our lives but may not have the interest in doing so... I personally feel that Jane Austen is a slog (don't chastise me)! So I'm not quite sure what I'm letting myself in for.

We'll choose the authors using Jeanette Winterson's method of reading in order from A-Z and we shall then choose one of their books to put onto the list.

Once we have 26 classic books to enjoy, we shall publish the list and aim to read one extra book per month, starting with A.

So we need some literary greats, please let me know your ideas, and we shall start this crazy classic book marathon...

Oh and for anyone who loves the A-Z bookends as much as I do in the above picture, here is the link: A-Z Bookends

No comments:

Post a Comment